Wednesday 20 February 2013

Models

Following the advice of my tutor, I have made some models experimenting with the types of spaces I wish to create. This has been a useful exercise as it has helped me to imagine more effectively, how a enclosure of doors may feel. I am leaning towards the use of 5 panels to make a pentagon structure as I feel this is more satisfying than a square and has enough - but not too many - doors.





I was interested in what panels of fabric instead of doors would look like...





I like this model and am still deliberating over which type of space to make. I am aware that these panels are a lot more elusive and create a transitory experience whereas the doors (although not properly clear in the cardboard model) would be a much more solid, enclosed structure.  The door model looks rather shanty-town at the moment but I plan for the final finish to be meticulously clean cut - aiming to bridge the border between art and design. As you can see with the door model, I am experimenting with the idea of a plain white exterior vs. a vibrant 'colourful inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment